Our 7th Annual UCREW is in the books, and it was a smashing success. We send a special thanks to all of you advisors, deans, career counselors and faculty members who assisted in promoting UCREW to your students this year. We had several “firsts” this year and broke many records. Among them were:
- We had over 160 students and faculty register for the event, our highest ever registration rate. Although we were initially capped at 120 students, we were able to open the event to all students who registered plus those who were on the waitlist.
- At least 134 students and faculty attended the event (again, more than ever before). This is 15% no-show rate – you guessed it, our best ever!
- We had our first ever dual-title sponsor – UCF and Seminole State College – in the highest sponsorship amount UCREW ever obtained!
- We combined transportation with our project tour, and the students all enjoyed a ride on the SunRail to and from the medical building we toured.
- We had our first ever faculty raffle. The winners – UCF and Seminole State College – received two tickets each to CREW’s Women at the Top program on October 3, 2018.
Of course, we still had many of the attributes that have made our program so successful in the past including:
- We offered 5 internships and over 20 job shadows to the students. The companies will be receiving the students’ resumes early this week, so the students should be contacted soon.
- We raffled six $100 gift cards to the students so they can help start their career wardrobe. Even the students who did not win anything still received a professional leather padfolio and many other gifts from UCREW, SunRail, and our CREW member companies.
- Mary Gardner – professional social skills presentation specialist – gave a motivating presentation for the students on how to make the most of their interactions with others.
- Numerous industry professionals were on-hand to speak to the students in small group and individual settings.
A sincere thank you
to our UCREW Title Sponsors UCF & Seminole State,
Project Sponsor Barton Malow
, Host Sponsor Orlando Health,
Tour Sponsor HuntonBrady
, Lunch Sponsor Greenberg Traurig
, Padfolio Sponsor Avison Young
and Transportation Sponsor Valencia College Foundation
and all our various Career level UCREW sponsors and every volunteer who helped in so many different ways to promote and pull off our event.
Click here to view all the photos from the event